New & Coming Soon
Kite Parent Portal – New for 2020-21 School Year!
We are excited to announce that a student's entire history of Kite assessment score reports will be available for parents to view online with Kite Suite's newest feature, Parent Portal!
Here's how it works:
- Schools upload parent email addresses to connect parents with their students' scores.
- The parent logs onto a secure site using a temporary access code - no need to worry about passwords or other login credentials!
- Within Parent Portal, the parent can view, download, and print Kite assessment score reports.
For more information on Parent Portal, visit the Assessments page.
In partnership with Accessible Teaching, Learning, Assessment Systems (ATLAS), a center within the Achievement & Assessment Institute (AAI) at the University of Kansas, ATS is developing an interactive online dashboard to deliver individualized student instructional resources and educator tools that promote student progress toward grade-level expectations. The dashboard, officially referred to as Kite Navigator, serves as an online structure for implementing the Shared Writing Instructional Model (SWIM) instructional cycle, which leverages learning maps and map-related resources to support teaching and learning.
Educators will have the ability to track student progress through an instructional cycle. Users can control their view to show the student’s current target level details or display the cycles that make up the entire learning map neighborhood. For more information on the SWIM project, please visit the ATLAS SWIM website.
Kite Learning Maps – New Look for 2021
Building on previous work by AAI Director Neal Kingston and the team at ATLAS, ATS is overhauling the Kite Learning Maps interface to support further expansion of learning map integration across the Kite Suite of applications. Within the updated interface, users will be able to:
- create new map projects, including nodes and connections,
- add resources such as research-based documents to provide context to the nodes and connections,
- work within the larger learning map network or define map neighborhoods, and publish and integrate
- work across the Kite Suite to be used in Content Builder, Educator Portal, and Navigator.
Contact us today for more information about the Learning Maps project.
Improved Kite Content Builder – Coming Summer 2021
Our new and improved content building and management application, Kite Content Builder, seamlessly integrates the current Content Builder and TEI Editor applications so that building tests and test items is easy and efficient. Here are a few of the key feature upgrades we're working on:
- Upload media (graphic, audio, video, pdf) to integrate into your test items
- Individualize technology-enhanced test items to accurately reflect your content
- Choose from over 50 different item types to accurately assess your content
- Manage the item and test creation processes directly within the app
- Import and export your test items using QTI
As always, the ATS team continues to work with our clients to add features and tailor the program to better meet their needs. We can't wait for you to see it!